Monday, 16 January 2012

Stranded dolphin found dead days after rejoining pod; other Gulf Coast region news

A spotted dolphin that had beached itself on a northwest Florida beach earlier this month was found dead less than a week after being released, the Northwest Florida Daily News reports.
Two men had spotted the dolphin floating upside down in shallow waters. After righting the animal it seemed to recover. The men guided the dolphin back into open water where it joined its pod and swam away.

On Friday, however, the same dolphin washed up near the same beach in a state of decomposition.
there are between 15 and 20 strandings a year in that area. Although most are deceased, about four live strandings are reported each year on northwest Florida beaches.
In other Gulf Coast region news:
Florida man charged with exposing himself to jail officer: Michael Rivers was charged with lewd exhibition in front of a jail employee after exposing himself to a Florida correctional officer, The Northwest Florida Daily News reports. Rivers knocked on a window to get a female officer's attention. When the woman looked up, Rivers had exposed penis and was holding it while looking at her, according to an arrest report.

Armed robbery of cab driver leads to arrest: Tyree Desmond Lindsey of Pensacola was arrested Saturday following the armed robbery of a cab driver, the Pensacola News Journal reports. After reaching his destination, Lindsey took out a small handgun and demanded money, according to the police report. The driver complied, left the scene and called police. Lindsey was found at the home where he had been dropped off. He was wanted on a number of federal warrants.
Man punches step dad after being asked to stop staring: A 42-year-old man faces domestic violence battery charges after attacking his stepfather Jan. 3, the Northwest Florida Daily News reports. The younger man had been staring at the older man, who asked him to stop. When the older man stood up, his stepson punched him in the eye, the report said. The suspect had been "acting mad" all day, his mother told police.


No comments:

Post a Comment